Skip to main content

Keeping it Real with the colours..


Its been a while....this last year and a half has been a different one to say the least!.....but I have been away from writing...….and more of painting......

During this time, I got married....and also moved into a new home, redecorated and started my own home garden!....  landscaping has always been a side passion.
Its great weather in Kenya....all year round Sun... no seasons, great for the annuals... the flowers are blooming ! I have kept some perrenials that are also doing well.... shall share some photos of the garden soon.....

So colour adds a burst of energy to a room... a spark of delight or even a calming or energetic feeling depending on which colours....Getting to Know Taskin : from your assessments...of my artwork my interests... my subject choices....
Which colour do you think I like most?Why?

…..

Ill give you some time to answer that! ….


Meanwhile .....

In the last year and a half, there has been a lot going on....lets look back!!…..

The Almighty is Great ! I feel blessed.... and I am grateful to Him....

Karen Country Club, Nairobi Kenya - 15 January to 15 March 2018

ChasaMA Art Gallery presented ' ONE SELF IDENTITY PROJECT '  13 June 2019 - Chasama Art Gala & Party plus digital display of global art - 200 + installations, over 500 artist - Sea of Colour was part of it!

SeeMe Art Takes Chelsea 2019 Art Expose celebrated creative stories by living Artists - Family connections was part of it and Sold later to a client.

Art Box Projects presented ' Swiss Art Expo 2019 15 to 19 August 2019 - 'Lotus Bloom' was featured!

Lord Eroll Restaurant Nairobi Kenya , 'Art of Diversity' (exploring artist interpretations of Diversity, how we can bridge gaps, unite cultures and create diversity in society ) Group Art Exhibition  October 2019 - collection of original paintings displayed for sale by 7 artists

Art Takes Armory 2020 - New York  - In honour of Womens Month this Year was at See Me Gallery - and it questioned : Who I am? Who are the influential women in my life? What voice of femininity do I hear, feel or see? What is the meaning of a feminist?
''SHE PERSISTED''..... invokes thoughts of perseverance, determination and progress - concepts deeply rooted in the world of art and creativity. Voice of women artists were heard through artworks displayed between 4 to 6 March 2020 in Midtown MANHATTAN via Seeme Gallery, New York USA.

Karen Country Club - Nairobi Kenya - Art Exhibition of Kenyan Artists January to March 2020

Mwamko - Awakening in Swahili - 60 Kenyan Artists - Mwamko Gallery - Karen, Nairobi Kenya - from January 2020 - ongoing ​ - 3 artworks participating and for Womens Month March 2020 ..there will be some more ....

Art Box Projects presents ' Barcelona  0.1 2020 Art Exhibition' - 18 to 22 March 2020 - 'Love Beyond the Limit of Time' - new recent painting of two Horses is part of it!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye 2023....

And Hello 2024 ! .....  As the new year begins, it whispers of letting go of what has been and looking towards the future. Every one of us starts the new year with contemplation of everything we want to achieve, goals and inspiration for the new year and as we do that we need to remind ourselves to be easy on ourselves and experience every day as it comes, be in the present and avoid over thinking, remembering always that every single drop makes the ocean.  Today, the first day of the new year started for me with optimism, hopes and wishes for an even better year than last. As the first night of the year draws near I'm reminded of all the possibilities that await as I turn the first page of a new chapter today.  While reflecting on the last one year and looking towards the next, I'm also reminded of my countless blessings and the many things I should be thankful and grateful for. As I cherish deeper what I have a part of my soul bleeds for the many who are facing suffering, str

Group Exhibition in Germany 🇩🇪

  On 11 February began my first group exhibition ever in Germany !.  I was pleasantly surprised and honoured to receive an email from the owner of the Gallery , Marion Zimmermann who contacted me last year asking me to be part of this year's showing of Artist Exhibition at her Gallery. It was exciting for me to receive such an email in my inbox ! The group exhibition of Various International Artists takes place from 11 February to 9 March this year.  Happy to be part of it ! 😀

Place to Call Home...

 During uncertainty trial tribulations and chaos the best place to call home is where we find peace and glimmers of hope/ rays of light ! Wherever that may be ...with family, pursuing passion, hobbies, travel ,nature, seeing a sunrise .and sometimes it is in simplicity of comradeship and companionship.  Sunrise is born from this idea.                                                        Sunrise - oil on canvas - March 2021