Skip to main content

More Florals...

My fascination with painting flowers still lives on .......

In the spirit of spring, I would like to share some of the floral paintings I have done many years ago and more recently.

Fire Lily was done last year and inspired by the varieties of lilies that my Mother used to bring home to decorate the house with. She still brings flowers home and by painting the fire lily I feel I recorded a piece of that time that can live for a lifetime.


 Fire Lily 50 cm x 60 cm oil on canvas 2012


My fond memory of our first rose garden still comes to mind. Roses in summer was inspired by that time and seeing four roses growing together so perfectly. 


  Roses in Summer 60 cm x 50 cm oil on canvas 2012
                                                                              

 I have always been fascinated by the Lily - its multitude of colours, variations and forms.
 Anthuriums have also been one of my favourite. I always liked the elegant shaped petals and leaves. I found this anthurium flower arrangement sitting in my living room one day (ofcourse arranged beautifully by my Mother). I was 13 years old and in awe of the arrangement. In those days, whatever caught my mind's eye and I could not record on camera (as I did not have a camera at that time) I would sketch or draw.   


Anthuriums 20 cm x 25 cm coloured lead pencil 1996




                       





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye 2023....

And Hello 2024 ! .....  As the new year begins, it whispers of letting go of what has been and looking towards the future. Every one of us starts the new year with contemplation of everything we want to achieve, goals and inspiration for the new year and as we do that we need to remind ourselves to be easy on ourselves and experience every day as it comes, be in the present and avoid over thinking, remembering always that every single drop makes the ocean.  Today, the first day of the new year started for me with optimism, hopes and wishes for an even better year than last. As the first night of the year draws near I'm reminded of all the possibilities that await as I turn the first page of a new chapter today.  While reflecting on the last one year and looking towards the next, I'm also reminded of my countless blessings and the many things I should be thankful and grateful for. As I cherish deeper what I have a part of my soul bleeds for the many who are facing sufferin...

3 Exhibitions ~ 3 Galleries ~ 3 Locations

  3 Exhibitions ~ 3 Galleries ~ 3 Locations   Discover the World of Art 1 - 31 May 2025 Courtesy of The Artbox Projects   ART BAR GRENADA GALLERY Woodlands Commercial Complex 2nd Floor St George's Grenada   CASA DEL ARTE PALMA Costa d'en Brossa 4, 07001 Palma, Spain   ANDAKULOVA GALLERY DUBAI Unit 18, P4Level Damac Park Towers DIFC, Dubai, UAE   One Month Long Exhibition! Some of my artworks including : Moon Lit Sky, Romantic Sunset and Wanted in the Wild are part of the exhibition! Looking forward to being part of these Amazing Shows!    Don't Miss it !

Art in the Open 2024

Another absolutely amazing Show - Art in the Open 15th Edition happened at Village Market Nairobi Kenya in August !  22 August  - 25 August 2024  10 am - 6pm  @Village Market Open Air Space saw us as Kenya Visual Artists Association again represented at Art in the Open 2024 !  🎨 🌟 Art Enthusiasts, Viewers, Art Collectors had the chance to Immerse in a world of invigorating and stunning visuals, awe-inspiring & thought-provoking concepts & stories, breathtaking creativity & craftsmanship by Artists from all across East Africa courtesy of Village Market   🎨 🌟Our stand ( representing Kenya National Visual Artists Association Artists Team) was there ! After priceless sales during the last show, excitedly sharing that this one was even better with record sales and lots of appreciation for the art !